An Incident is considered to be an item, that is a disturbance of the business continuity/services in the broadest sense of the word. This could be a malfunctioning of a system, an outage, a blocked access, a non-availability of any kind of system (infra, app, telco).
The Incident Management Process is an end-to-end process, handling:
The Incident Management Process relates to the following other processes managed by heathdata.be:
- Request Management Process
- Change Management Process
- Problem Management Process
- Configuration Management Process
- SLO/SLA Management Process
As for the relation with Request Management Process:
- Requests that are entered in the system, but are in fact Incidents, are transferred from Request to Incident.
As for the relation with Change Management Process:
- If the resolution of an Incident requires to implement a Change, the Incident will go into phase “Awaiting Change” and the Change Management Process will be invoked. After completion, the Incident Management Process will be resumed.
NOTE: the linkage to Problem, Configuration, SLO/SLA Management Process will be accomplished once these processes are defined and implemented.
The Incident Management Process is implemented in the following applications used by healthdata.be:
The Incident Management Process is interfacing with the following applications used by healthdata.be:
- DB2 Reporting Process/Tool
- ServiceNow ServicePortal
The Incident Management Process is owned by:
- Team lead “Services & Support” of healthdata.be.