Some registrations need follow-up e.g. to monitor multiple consultations of a patient. Therefore additional information will be asked at predefined milestones, which are defined in the set-up phase of the registry.
Follow-up registrations can be triggered by:
- Timing e.g. x time after the initial registration
- Answers in the initial registration e.g. only if the patient has taken medication X
- A combination of both e.g. if the patient has taken medication X, ask follow-up information 3 months later
If the Status column shows 'Follow-up needed' and the 'Follow up' column is active, the user can add the extra information needed in the details of the registration.
Note: the process of validation and resending the registration(s) back for the follow-up data takes minimum 4 hours.
Select 'Follow up' in the settings of the view:
The Follow-up column is now shown in the view:
When follow-up is needed, the column 'Follow up' in the list view indicates if follow-up is needed by indicating:
- Planned: follow-up will be needed in the future, indicated by the date indication
- 'Status Column' shows 'Submitted', no action is needed at this moment
- Active: the questions for this follow up are now visible and can be filled
- 'Status Column' shows 'Follow-up needed', action is needed
- Submitted: the follow-up column will change to submitted after the additional information is given
- 'Status Column' shows 'Submitted', no more action is needed
Depending on how many times follow-up is needed, a row is added to the column. The milestones are indicated by t1, t2 etc.